Dermaplaning is a medical skin treatment and is an excellent way to exfoliate the skin and to regenerate new skin cells. During the treatment, Jackie first preps the skin, taking all the oil off of the top layer of skin (epidermis), and a medical-grade scalpel is used to remove off all of the dead skin cells.
Next Jackie uses a microdermabrasion cream to polish the skin, refining the texture. Finally, the finishing solution cleans the pores and further exfoliates the skin without redness or irritation. There isn’t any down time and makeup can be applied right away following the treatment.
The procedure takes approximately 30 minutes. By your mid-thirties, your skin doesn’t slough off dead skin cells as rapidly as it did in your twenties, and it gets more sluggish with age. You may notice that your skin does not have that glow, or appears sallow, while the surface may feel rough to the touch. This procedure helps speed the skins cell turnover rate, leaving the skin glowing, radiant, soft and more youthful.
Dermaplaning doesn’t break capillaries either, as do other types of exfoliations and is much milder than standard chemical peels. Jackie has full control of the scalpel, and it is more visible to see where the skin needs to be exfoliated since there aren’t crystals all over one’s face which can be distracting.
REASONS FOR CHOOSING DERMAPLANING
- Helps to remove light surface wrinkling and improves skin texture
- Lightens uneven hyper-pigmented skin for a more even skin tone
- Helps to unblock blackheads, making the pores appear smaller
- Removes facial hair (hair does not grow back thicker)
- Speeds up new healthy cell production
- Helps remove and prevent precancerous cells
- Helps smooth acne scarring
- Helps with product absorption